Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Two things!

Well, two things. No, wait, three.
Firstly, 'Jesus of Suburbia' by Green Day is a really good, ironically vicious song. As a Christian, I am not offended by it because it is mocking modern Christianity and the outlook on Jesus, not Jesus himself.
I also think that if I want to make a statement like this, I will do so on my blog which is not in anyone's face, they can follow if they want to. I will not post irrelevant stuff like this on Facebook because every time someone does this, a small animal dies somewhere halfway across the world.
And you know what? I dislike that twee crap like lolspeak. I can haz get the hell over that rubbishy insult to language now?
>_<
Thirdly, I have discovered that I like cucumber sandwiches. I have not really had any until today. Perhaps once before but it was so underwhelming that I had all but forgotten the experience.

Last thing, an amendment: If lolspeak is done cleverly, it is amusing. If it is just some damn troll mucking it up like everything else lame trolls like that do when they want to be cool, then it is AWFUL.
And yeah, my blog so no apology for my grammatical mishaps or spelling and/or punctuation mistakes. No apology for my opinions or ideas. This is MY place. I can be whoever I want here, and I discovered that being me is pretty damn wonderful. Even if 'being me' means that I seem to chop and change who I am now and again. People are too complex to think that you know them completely, ever. So yeah, that's why we get surprised by each other and say, 'You think you know someone...' No apologies.

One more rant: Why do people only follow someone's online rants or blogs as long as they feel it is amusing or popular? Why do they, then, a short time later, turn on the person and denounce them as stupid or boring? Disgusting lack of genuine-ness. Lack of loyalty. Lack of any real values of principles. I don't have anyone turn on me simply because nobody reads this blog, so at least I don't have to feel betrayed personally.

The monkey that is pop culture is on everyone's back. But now I can live with it. People have always followed trends and so on. It's just a whole lot easier to find out what they are now. Problem is, it is also way harder to keep up as people pick up and drop things like a lightning round.
Ah well, I'll always have TV Tropes... love love love that. ^_^

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

Check out this link, this guy is great. I agree! Hardly anything is actually epic. Sadly, after I had read this, I later described something I had done or seen as 'epic' and I realised... They got me. They really are everywhere. The slang inserters. They insert popular or uncool slang into sentences without people's knowledge. You have to be careful. They are out there. They will get you.

1 comment:

Tensai said...

Love this guy Maddox. What he says is true! More importantly, he is so angry. So angry, hahaha. But the truth is, I wouldn't agree with him just because he's funny. I actually agree with the points he is making. And that is why you follow someone, because you agree with them, not just because some friend goes, 'Hey, check out this funny/cool/popular guy/video/link.'