Wednesday, May 18, 2011

G/S/C Review, Pokemon Review 2.




Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Really liked them. Day and Night, and the apricorns. I enjoyed collecting the apricorns and shaking trees to make Pokemon fall out more than the rest of the game… Loved the colours. Haha now that seems lame. But at the time it was so new and fresh. Btw no, I didn’t play Crystal. I started it but got bored.

See this review below:

http://au.gameboy.ign.com/articles/162/162865p1.html

Also this one:

http://www.gamespot.com/gbc/rpg/pokemoncrystal/review.html

My review:

Gameplay/Strategy: Hard, but a bit less hard than the original somehow. Still didn’t clock it, I think…so sad. Enjoyed all the new stuff, got so excited. I always did. Up until after Ruby. Then the excitement was gone, because I kept comparing to Ruby, or they were a jazzed-up version of a past game.

Battling fave: Hmm…I think I chose Chikorita as my starter even though I thought that Cyndaquil or Totodile would be better, because my friend chose Cyndaquil. Don’t ask me what that logic was… My actual fave was Azumarill because seemed that you could never one-hit kill an Azumarill. I was impressed by its endurance.

Overall Rating: **** out of 5. I didn’t enjoy the actual battles and gameplay as much as the original. I loved the extras though. Too many caves, so confusing, I got lost a lot.

Graphics: Better than R/B. Duh! Colour, in other words. It was a pleasant change. And the images were clearer, as well. So yeah, the next version, the upgrade, etc. Yes, yes, Captain Obvious.

Music: Liked it. Some of it was little spooky. Good stuff. Set the mood well. Just what I expect from Game Freak.

Sounds: Not much better than R/B. Sorry. But still not too bad. Nostalgia again…

Fave G/S Pokemon:

Based on looks, I would have to say Furret. So cute and a good HM slave, even if not the best one. And then Marill. Overall battling fave: Chinchou and Lanturn. I liked them because they were electric and water. I was really impressed by that. Maybe a little too impressed.

Pokemon I didn’t like much…: Steel and Dark types, which first came into this game. I especially disliked Murkrow. I was also creeped out by Eevee’s two new evolutions. Until I fought the Kimono girls in the theatre and then I realized how awesome an entirely Eevee based gym would be!!!!

Fave In-Game Trade/s: Well... let's see. I don't know if I got through the whole game, but if I remember...Ah! Rocky! The Onix! I enjoyed that trade. Not only was it for a Bellsprout, but of course it would grow faster because it was traded. Thanks to that NPC for Rocky. Good times. I think I used Rocky for a bit but he got too strong too fast and I couldn't control him so I switched him out and then forgot about him until later on. I also later got Muscle the Machop and Volty the Voltorb.. good names, Game Freak... but after that I don't remember any more. For a list of in-game trades, follow this link.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_in-game_trades

I wish I had gotten a Celebii. But I never have yet. That, and Jirachi are two Pokemon I want. Ah well. I even had a Mew, once. Obviously by cheating. But nevertheless, I was happy with my Mew until I realized it isn’t that useful. Now I have only a plastic figurine of Mew and my dreams to keep me company. I swore never to cheat again.

My team (if I remember):

Meganium

Lanturn

Ampahros replaced by Raichu?

Azumarill

Wobbuffet alternating with Togepi/Togetic

Houndoom, alternating with Steelix?

But it’s all fuzzy now. I think that you could get some of the older ones too couldn’t you? If so, I think I used a couple of those also. But I used Togetic to Fly later on. I remember that…I think. Argh! So long ago!

As for the legends, I only ever got Suicune. But that is the one I like anyway. So hah!

No comments: