Friday, May 20, 2011

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Ok finally clocked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I LIKED it! Such a nice difference to the usual type of Pokemon game.
Some gamers diss these Pokemon dungeon games because they say they are not very complex and there are better dungeon games out there. Maybe so, and even if it is old-school, I like that.

Anyway I used a walkthrough from neoseeker, see the link below to their faq etc page.


But back to my review: Don't do what I did and underrate seeds. Use SEEDS! Orbs didn't work on the main boss...
Also don't feel you have to power through the missions, you can take as long as you want and try again if you fail.
If you train enough you can easily ace all of the missions. I'm over level 50 now but you could perhaps clock this even at level 30 something I think.
But I would advise you to aim for 50ish instead, just makes it easier to get through the harder dungeons that never seem to end.
Loved the graphics, the character sprites all move in cute ways as they walk, and the main characters, you and your partner, are so cute when you achieve victory! And sleep and wake up too. And pretty much when you do anything.
Colours great, music wonderful, almost made me cry sometimes, and that is indeed a feat. Loved it, loved it, loved it.
One beef: Very similar to the previous incarnations, so much so that I felt it was like the same game... but hey. I guess that's Chunsoft's fault.
I would recommend this for anybody but most likely children... and people like me who suck at games. This game is achievable, even for me.

Well, gonna go play more.
:)
P.S. I found I never had to worry about types or anything, because I got strong fast. I hardly even use my type moves.

No comments: