Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pokemon Black. My view.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/03/04/review-pokemon-black-white-nintendo-ds/

This guy has a good review of Pokemon Black and White. I pretty much agree with him.

I think that I loved all of the games, especially original Blue (Meowth inclusive!).
But my ultimate fave was Ruby/Sapphire. Never got to play Emerald yet. Anyway, I disliked Diamond because it was the hardest one (for me). And I really hated the Pokeathlon. I loved the contests, especially in R/S/E versions.

My main beef with B/W is that it all happened so fast! And maybe it was a bit too easy, but frankly, I am not a good gamer, that is, not skilled or persistent so easy is fine by me. I actually felt a little sad that it was over so fast though. I was glad that there were more trainers to fight after the first half of the game so that I could easily level up. It was very good.

For me, Pokemon is enjoyable if the extras are enjoyable. I loved the extras for this game, including the Musical. At first I was like, 'Musical? Oh so fabulous. Whatever.' But then I tried it and I got addicted because I wanted to get all of the props. So now I can't quit. I'm so closssseee!!!!

I also love the musical extras. You know what I'm talking about! Loved all of them. I even enjoyed the Team Plasma music.

Can't say I liked the new Pokemon, only about half are actually appealing enough to keep my interest. Every time a new game comes out I feel that they are just using the same ideas with slightly diff designs. Disappointed, guys.
But I didn't buy the game for the Pokemon designs specifically so it's not too bad.

I was also kinda pleased that you can't have access to any of the previous gen Pokemon until you finish the first half of the game. This was kinda good. It meant that I got a sense of newness that I hadn't had since Ruby. I felt taken back to older times again just from that feeling.

Definitely recommend this one to everyone, new and old players. One thing though, glad there seemed to be less caves (or maybe they are just smaller and easier to negotiate) but what is with the bridges???? So many bridges...

Cheren... love him. So cute... so conflicted... so easy to beat... Bianca is kind of badly designed but seems nice. I also liked the X-Transceiver. But I wish they had used it in the game more. I don't have anyone to use it with so it is kinda of a waste. It was fun to get calls from the Professor. Woman professor? Didn't bug me much. She is good enough I guess. I liked her design.

I do wish that we could have Pokemon walk with us and talk to them like that special park in Diamond. I forget the name because it was just a sop for girls and to get certain items but it was kinda a good idea. It helped you to pretend a bit more that maybe if your Pokemon were real, it could go to the park and walk with you... then you realise that would be weird and you're too old to think about immature stuff like that. Then you think about it anyway because HEY! I FEEL LIKE IT, OK?

Have a great day.
XXX

No comments: