Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fire and Leaf. Pokemon Review 1...or it should have been, oops.


Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

This guy’s review is great where he raves about the game, over several pages. Don’t forget to read it all.

http://au.gameboy.ign.com/articles/544/544550p1.html

The truth is, although I played FR and LG I have forgotten what it was like…I think I liked it and I don’t remember much about it. This is probably partly because I played SoulSilver recently and you can go to the original world (I always forget which is Johto and which is Kanto) after you clock it, and play against the gyms there. So that memory has overshadowed my memories of FireRed.

I will give it a **** out of 5 because I can’t remember it but I bet it would have been excellent as always. I am too embarrassed to even pretend to review it… sorry! I better lump this one in the with original R/B review…

Just one thing: Apparently, Natures came out in R/S/E. I never really paidaltogether that much attention to them when I was playing Ruby but the truth is, they have gained more importance over the next series of games. They can affect how you level and also stuff like ratings in contests etc, I think. My opinion on the Nature thing? Well, it is useful and good and kinda cool, but also can make things a little more complicated. So it’s both cool and annoying. There you go. I guess its fine, it’s not like the game designers are queuing to ask me whether I think they should remove Natures in the next game or anything. So just accept it I guess.

Anyway... here's a cute pic I found on teh interwebz to make up for this awful review.

Can't remember where I d/lded it from. Google images as usual. It will make a cute bg for you though. :)

My fave Pokemon overall? Eevee. Always have loved it since I first saw it. Even if it were common (which it never is), I really would like it for it’s design. I love to keep it as it’s original form and teach it Dig. I love it so much! I don’t know why. Probably because it looks like a dog and a fox, and is so cute and energetic looking. I also like most of it’s evolved forms. Not sure about some of them but whatever. They are all good. My dream is to have an awesome dream-team of them but I can’t because there are more than 6 now. So sad…

Oh as for my fave starter overall… I can’t choose. I actually like all of them!

At first whenever the new starters come out I hate them all. Then I slowly grow to like them all. Out of all the starters so far, I would say that only Oshawott looks like it is a desperate scraping of the barrel in terms of design. It never did look…right somehow. I chose it for my starter in Black anyway. Can’t let appearance rule your life. It’s potential that matters, rather than looks. And so far I have never regretted it. My Samurott is doing very well. One thing that also bugged me, Cyndaquil. It’s a cool idea that it gets flame on it’s back when upset etc, but without it’s flame, it looks bald and sick in the anime or the artwork. And that is my last problem with the starters.

Pokemon I dislike the most overall so far? I think... besides the ice-cream cone (and it's ridiculous evolved form)... which I refuse to even mention by name, I would have to say it's a contest between Tornadus and Thundurus and Patrat and co, Woobat and co, and Timburr and co. Admittedly Timburr is ok, but it's two evolved forms are awful! They look like a muppet crossed with an ugly man... oh so let-down by the designers this time around. Please make another game and show us that you can redeem yourselves. By the way, most of these aforementioned Pokemon are most likely good in battle (but also most likely not great), but I am talking about their looks only.

One last thing: Best website companion for Pokemon that I have found? Serebii.net.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Seriously amazingly good.

Not sure about the walkthroughs, but gamefaqs.com has always been my best friend there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

And atm Pokemon Black is their number one in their top ten games. Oh yeah! ^_^

No comments: