Friday, August 13, 2010

Musical Interlude...not really.


When I was younger, I made up a poem.
'Music flows through my veins,
and when I walk, it plays.'


BUT!
Even I was startled into discomfort when I heard an American girl say something like; 'Some people have religion, I have music. Some people pray, I turn on the radio.' And another person, a young man I think, said something like; 'If I didn't have music, I would die. I would just die.'
I think these were quotes on the end of a recent 30 Seconds to Mars music video (good band, a bit rebellious teenager-ish but still nice).
It creeped me out... and I felt sorry for them. But at the same time, I almost understand how they feel because I love music so much that I would have to say it is almost like food for me.
Not the same as food, but almost. Music is what I 'eat' when I am bored or lonely or just on the computer. It is good noise to fill space when I am alone at home or lonely.
Music affects my moods often strongly so I have to carefully monitor (and limit) what I listen to. Sometimes it seems to be too much as if it is clogging my ears with too much sound (I don't mean too loud, I just mean too much sound somehow, like a music overload) and sometimes I just don't want music. But usually, yes, I dance to it, listen, sing, and enjoy it very much.
Many songs bring back memories of my childhood or teen years or a person who introduced me to a particular band or song.
I think ever since music became more accessible for everyday people, it has fulfilled these roles for many, many people all over the world.
So yes, thank you for music, Lord. We love it. It was a good day when it was invented.
^_^

No comments: