Friday, August 20, 2010

Good website.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

Really good website with some thought-provoking articles.

I just found one about Christians and the poor, by Richard T. Hughes. Here is the link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-t-hughes/a-riddle-of-life-and-deat_b_487476.html

Here is a quote from another of Hughes' essays:
'Even though we have no state church in the United States, there has emerged in the United States a Christian civilization that is deeply corrupted, a civilization that claims the label "Christian" only by virtue of its history, though if we would be honest, we must admit that America's history has never been Christian in any biblical sense.' Richard Hughes, Chapter Four: "Dare We Live in the World Imagined by the Sermon on the Mount?" from Preaching the Sermon on the Mount: The world it imagines. (St. Louis, Missouri: Chalice Press, 2007), p56.
Actually I think he is right. Other Western countries have a lot to answer for, but America has the most at this point in history.
Anyway, it really spoke to me, that book I listed above. I want to buy it.
Christians do not help others out enough. We talk about but we just don't have the time or the resources to do it, and we make excuses etc. Well, I want to do more.
I don't think we need to preach all the time at people either. We just need to help them out! In this cold world, getting anything for free is a miracle. So I would like to work more miracles like that. No strings attached.

Goma-kun says, 'YEAH! DO IT!'
Well, heck! Who can argue with that face? x3

No comments: