Saturday, May 02, 2015

Problem: Steam would not run. Fixed it myself. If you have a problem, read this.

Right, nobody told me this and I didn't find it mentioned on the forums so I will blog about this in case someone else has the same problem.

Have had Steam for a while, it was running fine.
Injustice: Gods Among Us was very laggy but that's very likely my computer, and not Steam or the server or anything else.
Skyrim was fine, Child of Light was fine, FFVIII fine and so on.
Anyway one day Steam just didn't run.

I had a short while earlier updated Windows 7 with a buncha stuff that I actually didn't pay attention to. This may have been the cause somehow. Never update Windows, everyone.
Every time I tried to run Steam, the login would come up, I would login, then it would sometimes say 'Updating Steam' and sometimes not.
But whatever it said, after the login box disappeared, nothing would happen.

So at first I thought maybe it just auto-minimized to the task bar for some reason. Nope.
Looked in Task Manager, (ctrl-alt-delete) and nope, nothing.
It wasn't running at all.

So after trying some junk off the forums and some advice from my computer technician father (none of which made any difference at all, sadly), I finally rick clicked the icon for Steam and found that I could run it in 'Compatability Mode' for many versions of Windows etc.
I changed it to Window 7 Compatability Mode and it started first time. SWEEETTTTTT!

SUCK IT FORUMS
I
FIXED
IT
MAHSELF
Y'ALL
YEEEEAAAAHHHH

Anyway, it turns out I am more amazing than even I thought.
And I mean, I am my own biggest fan.

The only person who adores me more than me; is my Eevee that I brought to my Alpha game from Diamond.
His name is Jack.
I say he adores me but he hates me actually.
Because I won't let him evolve, and we lose battles all the time.
He is level 65 and he still gets stomped by level 40-ish Pokemon.
I kind of find it endearing, but I doubt he agrees.
So I am now going to Pokemon Amie him with my current AS incarnation and hopefully he will no longer hate me.
And I just wanted to brag about my favourite Pokemon.
Because all of us who have more than one gen game know that we have that one or more Pokemon we had to migrate over, right?
You just get attached.
For whatever reason.

I have actually migrated a LOT of my old Pokemon over, but not as many as I thought I would.
Still, I have plenty of time to do that.

What was I talking about?
Oh yes, I named him Jack because of Jack from Titanic.
Jack!!!!! NOOOO!!!! Don't die! Again!
I dunno why I love to say that, every time he faints.
I need to use him in a sea battle so he can sink slowly into the water.... My name isn't Rose though.
Maybe I'm being silly but life is silly.
We should all be silly more often.

No comments: