Sunday, May 10, 2015

My favourite season

I keep vacillating (is that spelled correctly?) or wavering as to which is my favourite season. But in my heart I know that my love lies with Autumn. The trees changing colours, the damp air, sometimes hot clear days, sometimes rainy and cool. The special smells of Autumn. Apples, smoke, grass, earth. I love walking in rustling leaves, looking to find mushrooms. Yes, Autumn is the one. Cold mornings and nights, warmer days. The other day we went to Mission Bay, a beach area with cafes. I watched the ocean, it had gone a beautiful teal green, the tide was in; a warm wind buffeted us, and caused waves to grab at the sand. It was a lovely trip.
Last night the sunset was so pure I couldn't stop looking. Cream merged to light green, and met with a soft grey-blue, then the cream became gold, the green became orange, the blue became a deep violet, the gold went pink which ran into the orange, and the violet turned deep indigo. A star came out, just one. I made a wish of course. I didn't see the moon. My window doesn't face it at this time of year, it moves up higher and beams into my room later in the night.

No comments: