Monday, November 10, 2014

Gravity Rush SUCKS, Tearaway amazing.

Tearaway was awesome. Gravity Rush SUCKS.
Don't buy Gravity Rush.
The controls are AWFUL, the game mechanics are too confusing and the missions are stupidly hard from the very beginning of the game.
When you aren't forced to chase people pointlessly and talk to them about crap, (and you can ONLY talk to people if they shine blue. Otherwise you have nobody to talk to), you fight ridiculously hard monsters. With gravity.
You have to hit them in just the right place. Or you FAIL your ENTIRE mission and you have to start over. Oh and you can't just hit them. You have to use gravity powers (yes, you float in the air and have to twist around all the time to keep them in your sights) or jump and then hit them. WHILE THEY MOVE AROUND SO THAT YOU MISS CONSTANTLY. It's so difficult that it rapidly became boring and I actually gave up.
Several months later when I decided to give it another go, maybe my memory was exaggerating, because the controls are so confusing (and no hints or reminders); I had actually forgotten how to play. Tried to learn again and do another mission, get back into it. NO.
You have a stupidly short time to hit a monster in a particular spot WHILE IT'S RUNNING AROUND THE CITY and you smash into trees and buildings chasing it, then if you don't hit it in the right place several times (I don't even know how many!) then the girl you have to save is dead. GAME OVER.

STUPID STUPID STUPID

What a WASTE of my time and money this stupid game was.
If only it had a choice of missions and you could work your way up, practice and stuff.
NO.
It could have been so great.
So annoyed and upset about this.
I know I'm not the best gamer ever. In fact, I'm not so great.
But I clocked Tearaway which has a few tricky levels. Not many but a couple.
I'm going to keep at it with Little Big Planet which is also tricky.

I guess Gravity Rush is just too much. I hate saying it.
But I guess that's just how it is.

I should try harder...
But I feel that all the messy clunky controls and such wouldn't be so annoying if you could start on easier missions and get a feel for it. Well anyway I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Some people on a forum (yes, I looked it up, so?) who have actually finished the game felt similarly. They gave it a 7-ish out of 10 because frankly, it's poorly designed in parts.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/gravity-rush-how-can-anyone-say-the-game-is-great-29258074/

They didn't get as annoyed as me but it's good to know I'm not completely off.
I guess I will keep trying but it's just so annoying to not be able to save before a big monster. I won't call it a boss. I dunno if it is. I don't think so.
Anyway argh argh argh....


1 comment:

Tensai said...

Sure, I come off as whiny. But hey it's my blog. So I can say what I want. Anyway, I will probably play Gravity Rush again because it's so well made in other ways. I love the graphics and the music. *sigh* addicted.