Sunday, August 17, 2014

Vita games so far...

More complaints about LBP Vita, but also a rhapsody on Tearaway, Gravity Rush and Dokidoki Universe.

Well to sum up since I can't be bothered complaining much since that wastes time, energy and letters:
Tutorials suck in LBP also. They don't teach all of what their own blurb says they will teach you, and the advanced stuff is clumsy and hard to do, even sticking two halves of a gingerbread man together is stupidly difficult. ARGH. Why do I not give up? Because the game is addictive, that's why.

Cool.
Ok next, positives!

Dokidoki Universe is fun although sometimes disturbing. You are a robot in the game and I don't want to spoil it - although frankly I like spoilers so I don't see why I should not spoil it... Oh fine, I can't be bothered explaining the plot which would only take like a sentence anyway but who cares.
Lotsa fun so glossing over hateful characters like the wishing tree. I cannot like that guy, I tried to throw him in the air to punish him for being a BIG, BIG, GINORMOUS JERK to the other people on his planet but it turns out he's a masochist, and enjoys that kind of thing. Man, I hate that guy. Ginormous is a slang word, btw, and yes, it is a real word. It just means similar to enormous but possibly bigger than that.
Dokidoki universe is fun. The quizzes are scarily accurate sometimes! I love the collecting aspect of the game, and don't love the stereotypes. Again, gloss over that. Never mind. Most of life is full of stereotypes and these are only slightly offensive so yup, gloss gloss.
It's not very... challenging on most levels. But it is fun. And I like th eart style, is that what people call graphics now? When I was younger we talked about a game having good graphics. Now it's art, right? Or CGI or whatever. Well Dokidoki Universe hasn't got CGI. It's 2D but it's cute, and not in a typical way. At least, I liked it a lot, because it's very easy to see everything you need to see. And I loved the voices. Very unique. Didn't remind me of the Sims either, it's amazing how gibberish can sound so varied under different directors. But I don't play a vast amount of games... maybe it isn't unique... well, to me it was! So there we go. Play the demo at least, come on people.

Gravity Rush is fun, a lot of pointless crap side quests which are almost entirely - pointless.
The gravity thing is annoyingly stupid and hard to accurately control at times, but with practice; even I, who freely admit to being rather inept, managed to kill the first boss (which was actually easier than getting to the boss) so yeah.
I like the story I think. I like the cat thing. I already hate my rival. She is a super ... mean ... girl.
But pretty. Actually better looking than my character. Also my character is disturbingly easy-going about living in - oh wait, spoiler. Fine. It's dumb though. Anyway, yay! Must carry on into it. I really haven't gotten far yet.
Easier than LBP! That may well be my point of reference from now on.

I wonder if Call of Duty is easier than LBP.
I know I am just passable at Counter Strike. Man, I love sniping bots... I miss my friends... we all used to play when we were meant to be studying. I got fragged so often that I changed my name to something like fragwoobie or something like that. Fortunately, dying a lot gets fun if you change levels a lot. I managed never to drown in the pool. Which is a skill, because I got shot at a lot by everyone and fell in the pool a lot. But I always managed to kill the other guy hiding in the pool (they always had one of my bros hiding in the pool; it was clear water, everyone could see him in there but they still thought it was a legit tactic every time we played that level!) and get out before I died. After the rest of them all shot me to bits while I tried to zigzag whilst running for cover. Ah, the memories. One friend used to jump up and down on your dead body. Another one used to spray a smiley face stencil on his kills and stab the air repeatedly for some reason. I screamed at them all from across the hall so MUCH. The best times were when I managed to kill one of them. Good times, good times. My unholy glee was probably not attractive but who gives a damn, I got him after he fragged me like 12 times. YEAAAHHHHHHHH BOOOIIIIIIIII. Ah hahaha my one mate kept killing ME specifically - so one time I knew he was coming around the corner and I flashbombed him and sprayed him with bullets. Then someone shot me from behind, but it was worth it!
ANYWAY!

I wonder if the next season of RWBY is out on Roosterteeth yet? I want figurines of Ruby and Yang. Yang is my fave. So much punching, slam-fisting rage. Punch kick, punch blam blam blam punch punch blam blam slam kick blam blam blaaammmm... reload gauntlets. And... blam blam blam punch punch etc

Oh right.
Tearaway.
AMAZING. Should've bought that first.
It was why I wanted a Vita in the first place, now that I remember.
It is made by the same people as LBP only it's less teeth-gnashingly, tear-spurtingly, vein-poppingly, screen-punchingly frustrating. But only just. Argh - the level I am on is nearly the last level, or so the NPC 'god-characters' (Is that what they are? Whatever. Tree man and Voodoo lady) keep telling me.
I love the look and the sounds and pretty much everything about it. Except for being unable to control the speed of my rolling sometimes. And yet at other times I can. Aside from that, and dying A LOT, I love it. It is one of few games that I can see myself playing through several times.
Lots of fun ways to force you to use all the Vita's touch screens and camera and stuff. I mean, full playability or whatever jargon they use that means it forces you to do pointless, frustrating things to use the back touch screen to move blocks or whatever. Anyway it's fun. Challenging sometimes and easy at others. And the characters along the way are cute enough to make you say 'awwww' and not in the story too often so they don't become annoying.
The music is ok. Sometimes repetitive to the point where I turn it off but other than that it's nice.
Great game, get it NOW.

No comments: