Monday, May 06, 2013

Autumn...

I love the way the air smells in Autumn and Winter. Sometimes like wet grass or wet leaves. Sometimes like apples, for some reason. Even if there are no apple trees about. And sometimes, like today, the air smells like woodsmoke. I love that smell. Oh, and I started Pokemon Black 2 yesterday. Now I have all four of the gen V games, and it's just nice. 
In other news, Lilian Jackson-Braun, Rex Stout and Laura Childs. Three best things to come out of America. Unless any of 'em happen to be from Canada, in that case, my apologies. I know how it is to be called Australian, so, I feel Canada's pain. Anyway, it seems that the season for reading comfortable mystery fiction is upon me once more.
My, but that Rex Stout sure writes well, doesn't he? Quite wonderful stuff, I sure enjoy perusing his work. Books are like meals for my mind and spirit. Writing styles affect my stomach sometimes. But no danger from any of the afore-mentioned! Wonderful. I wasn't well today, so it's good to stay home, tidy my room, and rest.
One more thing, congratulations to myself for finally posting something from my cellphone. This is a momentous occasion. Thank you.
:)

2 comments:

Tensai said...

Well, good on me. Congrats! Sadly, Lilian Jackson Braun died in 2011. I had no idea. I did wonder how much longer she'd be about. But she is American, born in Massachusetts. Rex Stout is also American, born in Indiana. Laura Childs is still alive and kicking, unlike the other two. I think you can even email her. See her page here's a link for you, cause her books are great, have a look: http://www.laurachilds.com

Tensai said...

Oh and yes, she is also American.