Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Top ten cute Pokemon

List of my top ten cute Pokemon.

I will not count starters or Pikachu (too obvious). Also Emolga is kinda crap, it's like a flying cross between Pikachu and Pachirisu (who will never be as cool as Pikachu, btw!).
But I must just say that Pikachu and all it's forms and Marill and all of it's forms are all excellent examples of how cute Pokemon can stay cute when they evolve.

So my top ten faves for pure cuteness (first, and then strength in battle as a secondary consideration) are:

1) Jirachi. I just love it, even though I have not yet been able to obtain one... are they strong? Maybe not. But who cares...<3!

2) I used to love Mew, but now I'm kinda meh. So I will replace Mew with... Celebii, I love Celebii. So sweet looking. And powerful, right? Forgive my fickle heart, dear Mew.

3) Cutest plant type for me so far ever... is Whimsicott. I don't know why exactly. Probably because it resembles a sheep. I love sheep-ish critters except for in real life because I have been attacked by a sheep and it is not fun at all.

4) I seem to love Normal types even though they are generally quite weak. But the plus side is that they also often have the Pick Up ability which RULES. So my fave Normal type ever is Zigzagoon and then I like Furret.

5) Then comes Clefairy. I have always loved it, and I really enjoy playing the Clefairy game in Diamond/Pearl, I think it is. Can give or take it's pre-evo and evo though.

6) Out of all Water types, (not counting Marill and evos) I think Finneon is my fave. I just can't help but like it for whatever reason. I also like Chimecho... can't decide. Ok Finneon only just wins.

7) And yes, because of my sheepish love, I do like having a Mareep (and all of it's other forms). I suppose besides the obvious Pikachu, Mareep is my fave Electric type.

8) My all-time fave Bug type is Surskit, always. SO CUTE!

9) Oh my, Minccino. SO CUTE! Cleaning each other with their tails... oh, I could melt. As a cleaner, it would be a wonderful helper for me at work.

10) Kinda want a Shaymin. But this space can go to... Eevee. My all-time fave, and all of it's evolutions.

And honourable mention goes to:
Victini (just a bit too cute to go on the list, so obvious), Vulpix, and Keldeo! I couldn't get one so I don't know how good they are, but it sure is cute. I'm pretty sure that hey are stronger than earlier event Pokemon. I like it because it looks a lot like a My Little Pony toy. But I'm sure it is better.
Speaking of that... I actually found I enjoyed watching the new MLP Friendship is Magic TV show. The animation was quite good even though it played a bit to stereotypes, especially with Applejack. My sadness comes with the knowledge that we don't have this show in my country (yet!). So I have to watch it however I can.
One thing I did not like was the new Strawberry Shortcake series. It's ok, but not as good as the original somehow. Less depth to the plot and all the girls look too similar. It is good to have as a comparison though.
The new Care Bears show is so-so but I never could like them as much as Strawberry Shortcake and my Little Ponies.
I used to have a seahorse Pony called 'Tiny Bubbles'. She was blue and had wings and a seahorse tail. I lost her because I left her in a dairy by accident and when I came back a few minutes later, the shopkeeper said he never saw her. 'Til this day I regret losing her. I am sure he stole it for his daughter... Wow, that's unfair of me, but if it wasn't him who stole her it was some damn kid. Jerks!
Also I miss my Peach (I can't remember her official name) palamino My Little Pony (I kept her for years even though some kid ripped out a lot of her mane) and my orange Popple called Puzzle. I had a yellow Popple called Potato Chip as well and I miss her too. I regret getting rid of or losing these toys. I think I sold them when I was a teen, because I thought it was bad to keep them. Now I know better, of course.
I also had some dolls called 'wee wild things' that nobody else remembers but they were so cute. I fought with my little sister over them because she broke hers and then claimed it was mine, and tried to take mine which was not broken. In the end my mother took it away from us both and put it on the mantlepiece... I was so angry.
As for my Cabbage Patch dolls, I had 3 in the end, and I didn't care much about them because they are so ugly. But I got two in a garage sale and I felt sorry for them, so I looked after them. I didn't want to show them that I loved their big sister (my original one) more than them so I tried to make sure I loved them all equally. I hope they are ok... wherever they are... ARGH! They are not real... wow, feelings run deep from childhood.
I miss my Keypers... and my Moondreamer doll. I don't know if I ever had a Strawberry Shortcake doll officially or a Rainbow Brite doll, but I loved watching them on tv.
Ah, memory lane.
Oh right... Pokemon. Check out the Pikapika dance on YouTube. Good stuff.
Also, you can watch My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic show on YouTube atm. Dunno how long for. Won't post links because often they get taken down and it's annoying.

No comments: