Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another delicious Strawberry recipe I saw.

http://bakingbites.com/2010/06/olive-oil-strawberry-shortcake/
I was thinking of making a nice book of baking, but I'd have to test the recipes first, and also I'd like to modify them to make them my very own (feel less like a copycat that way).
But because these are mostly American ones that I find, it is hard. Our flour is different here.
Also, I am to cheap to buy ingredients, and too lazy to make anything, and also I am watching my weight so I can't make any of the things I love. So sad, because you'd think I could just share it all with my friends but the truth is, I barely see most of them.
Maybe for a birthday I could make this kind of thing.
It seems nice. VERY NICE! Oh my, I love cake like this.
Maybe I just like looking at cake rather than eating it. Is that odd?
I have very high standards for cake and biscuits, for some reason.
I can tell if it has good ingredients that were more expensive, and I can tell if they were mixed properly, and also the texture matters a lot to me.
Mediocrity for baking is not good!
No gelatin in apple mix for pies or turnovers!
Use proper flour for cakes!
Icing is not just sugar and water! Use butter! Or cream cheese!
Don't use cheap margarine in cake!
Use proper flavours! Vanilla! Cinnamon! Spices! Tea! Stop making cakes that taste dull!
And so on.
Btw I had a wonderful recipe for cookies that I used to make. They were the best I ever made.
The secret was the flour! It was probably cake flour, and it made the cookies puffy and cakey. I love them that way. I don't like them too flat and crunchy. I like them chewy or cakey.
My recipe used a lot of ginger, cinnamon and tea, and chocolate drops. I think that is what made them so good because they were actually bursting with a wonderful flavour.
My chocolate cupcakes were the same. Wonderfully full of flavour, cocoa, spices, vanilla and so on. And so moist.
I also remember I used to make the best herb and cheese muffins. They were so good, I could never eat just one, I had to have a lot. My friends were the same. I think the secret for this one was lots of butter, herbs and tasty cheddar cheese. Skimping on flavour means your recipe is just too much like a plain flour cake/muffin/whatever.
If I had added bacon to my muffins, some people would probably have liked that but I am a vegetarian so, nah.
Ok ok I have to go.
Bye!
Btw, this is a secret but, I think I love baking...?
^_^

No comments: