Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Regular Show review and more besides

I actually like The Regular Show. I say actually because at first I hated it. The characters were interesting but I disliked their world. But then I got hooked anyway. Imho Pops is the best character. Just saying. I think besides the episode with the baby ducks, the one with the Tants and the one with Pops' poetry are my faves. A lot of the charm of the show comes from the great voice acting. And ironically, I think that Rigby is very cute when he isn't talking. Wow, that's mean. Aha haha, too bad. It's true! I like The Amazing World of Gumball too, but it's slightly too shallow. I like Gumball and his mom Nicole and sister Anaise (Anais?), but not really Darwin or Richard. I also dislike most of Gumball's classmates. Having said that, it's still quite amusing and again the voice acting is great. I prefer Gumball's animation style to Regular Show's, but there's too many characters introduced to keep up with. As well as the shallow stories, it's not entirely original because it's just another 'loser at school' premise. With Regular Show, they're adults at least, even if they're immature. I guess I relate to the 'adult slice of life' premise a bit more. And after watching so much high school anime and Disney tween shows, I am entirely over seeing 'school life' as a basis for a show. That's also why I eventually started watching Adventure Time. I disliked that at first (made no sense at first, lazy animation style), but now I'm hooked on it too. I have so many fave characters on that show. Probably besides Finn and Jake, I would say I also like BMO best. And Ice King. Most of the male characters actually. I have already mentioned in a previous post about my disappointment in the princesses in this show. Well, that's enough talk. Going to go watch Nigella Bites. Man, she was SO young haha! Great show though.

No comments: