Sunday, April 12, 2015

More manga opinions or reviews; if you want to call what is purely my opinion with lack of expertise, a review.

Natsume Yuujinchou is a very interesting manga, I also liked xxxHolic.
Less than enthusiastic about the crossover with Tsubasa though. In fact, I never read Tsubasa.
I think I bought vol 1 but then I became rapidly disinterested.
The plot seemed like it would get very complicated. I also disliked Fai and Kurogane, as a couple. That is, it seemed as if they might become a couple and the interplay between them irritated me.
It's a typical CLAMP pairing, one person more mature, experienced and sarcastic, mocking the more pure, naive and grumpy one. I just feel sick of that particular pairing.

Back to what I was saying, I read the synopsis of Tsubasa in order to see if it really did affect xxxHolic but to be honest, reading the synopsis was enough. I loved the art style from xxxHolic and the stories were interesting. It was a bit dark but then it was basically a dark manga anyway. I loved the little fox character, and the pipe spirit. Which was also a fox? Watanuki was neat, but I disliked the ending.
*spoiler alert* for xxxHolic and Tsubasa, below.

It seemed to me that the manga ending implied that Yuuko would try to be reborn to return to see Watanuki one day, however it was extremely vague. You could just as easily say that she would never return. Apparently in Tsubasa it is heavily implied that she will not return because she died as a price for Sakura's clone to become human? However she was a witch so she could return somehow. She was very powerful in her own field. I personally hope that she will be able to come back to Watanuki's world since he now can never leave the shop, nor age.
It's sad how he started to act like her. ALthough it is possible that the reason he acts like Yuuko is either A: He misses her so much that acting like her gives him a sense of comfort.
or B: He is acting like her because living int he shop makes every shop proprietor act like that.
There is also C: He is actually totally unaware that he is turning into a male version of her.
There was a complicated thing about Watanuki being some alternate version of Shaoran, so does that mean he doesn't exist without Shaoran or that he isn't 'real'? If that is the case, it may explain why his personality changed over time.

Anyway -

Spoilers over I guess.

I would like to go back to my discussion of Natsume Yuujinchou.
I loved the art, and I actually feel the anime does the manga justice.
UNLIKE the butchering of Ouran High School Host Club!
So upset at the terrible job the producers of the anime did. Too short! Last episodes were TERRIBLE! Obviously a rush to finish the story and man, did it feel rushed and contrived. Ruined the series.

Also, Suoh is not a blonde! The manga says his hair is BROWN. He is a mixed blood Japanese and French! His mother may be blonde but he is unlikely to be according to genetics!
I know several Eurasian people and none are blonde. One girl has black hair with a cocoa-soft sheen to it which makes it look like a beautiful colour job (but it's real) but all the others just have black or brown hair. None have blue eyes. Hazel, brown, even green, but none of the kids with blonde blue-eyed parents look European at all. They all look more Asian than anything.
SO my point is!
Don't colour Suoh like that!!!!!!!
He is still attractive! Princely characters don't have to be blonde and blue (or in his case, lavender?) eyed! And Hunny sempai should also have hair more the colour that the twins have.
Hunny should not be blonde either!
Actually, I'm fussing over nothing. In anime, weird hair and eye colours are the norm.
I will just get over it.
This anime sucks anyway.
Gonna buy ALL the manga and read it over and over til the horrible memory of the anime is all gone.

Ahem...oh! Natsume Yuujinchou!
Loved the anime. Music wonderful, voices perfect, style like the manga. It worked very well.
I love the manga, I am interested in the Japanese understanding of the supernatural, particularly Youkai. The spirit world is different for every country, I think.
Anyway I wish I could buy this series on the Kindle, but sadly, it is as if it never existed.
:(
*sob sob*
I will go and read it at Mangafox.
It's still ongoing, I think.
:)

No comments: