Monday, April 27, 2015

Avengers Age of Ultron obviously spoilers

Spoiler Alert ok?

So

Yeah my impressions...

Underwhelmed?

Too much fighting, they had to do slow mo to show Black Widow in with the guys, kicking butt etc. Because she doesn't look flashy like Iron Man and has no magic powers, whoops sorry, super powers. And no cool bow and arrows like Hawkeye. Awkward interview, btw, Renner and Evans! But I shrugged it off. It wasn't serious and also the interviewer led you into it by saying, "Both of you".

But back to the movie.
It felt forced and dull sometimes.
The whole thing with Stark's reasoning about why he should mess around with the infinity stone etc felt insincere. I mean it was like RDJr was trying to explain Stark's motivation to whoever was there, usually a boring and depressed Ruffalo. Most of RDJr's scenes felt like a practice runthrough of the script.
Also I don't like how Banner hasn't changed at all during the time the Avengers have been a team. Still mopey dope.
Thor seemed ok, actually. He kept it lighter than it could have been. Hawkeye's secret family felt awkward, tbh. It was like, huh...  oh, who actually cares.
And Captn USA was weird with his whole, "I'm suddenly ok with my frankly, lousy life" thing at the end.
And where was Clark Gregg's character? Coulson is alive damnit! Reunion please!
Cobie Smulders was there and once again underused.
Uh what else? Hate the Hulk Black Widow thing. Hate how Banner is such a pushover and supposedly brilliant but never seems to be used at all except by Stark as his butt monkey. Hate what they did to BW. All the previous movies she was a consistently strong, excellently scheming and mercenary character, loyal but not clingy, tough but not butch. Now she's all weird. Can't have babies, so now suddenly wants to throw herself at Bruce Banner???? How does that make any sense? And why doesn't he mention his true love Betty at all? Or was that whole backstory retconned?
Ummm who else?
Oh yes, I liked Ultron a lot but felt his death lacked something. It was an anticlimactic confrontation with The Vision, btw I must have missed when they named him. Suddenly referring to him by his name without actually telling the audience, good thing I watched some stuff to give me backstory before the movie or I would've been like huh?
Is that all? Um, Scarlet Witch good but her powers improperly explained, and hand-waved as "she's weird" which is inaccurate and mean! Also why did they kill off Quicksilver so quickly? I liked him. He was shaping up to be cool. Anyway I waited til the end of the credits and those sneaky mongrels only had one credits scene this time. The Avengers Will Return! Haha, everyone who stayed deliberately to see a sneak preview as we have all come to expect, we all laughed. They got us.

Btw I am just not impressed by that purple guy. Forgot his name.
He has been waiting for years to do anything now suddenly picks up the (I'm guessing the name here) Infinity Gauntlet and says "I'll do it myself" or something like that.
I know he's meant to be really awful or something but whatever. I'm not into the Avengers anymore, tbh. I'm over them now.
I don't even know if I will watch their next movie. Esp if BW and Hulk are a couple for reals. Weird.

No comments: