Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My ratings for all of the evil teams you go against in the Pokemon games. Bulbapedia calls them Villainous Teams.

Right.
Categories will differ to all other reviews (the ones that I even bothered to put categories in anyway), because the the 'team that wants to destroy things or cause trouble or whatever' in game generation number whatever of Pokemon is unique to all other things I put in order of favourites.
Ok, incoherent. Sorry.
To sum up.
I will put several unique categories for the 'evil team's (villainous teams acc to Bulbapedia) from teh CORE SERIES of Pokemon. Only the original games, gen 1 to 6. RnB to XnY.

1) Theme. It matters. You have to fight a lot of grunts.
The theme is either going to make you leave your sound on, or switch it off.
It matters.

2) Leader coolness.

3) Attractiveness of uniform.

4) Actual evilness (for me, if they aren't really evil, it's ok. I don't like truly sick evil people. I'm not one that thinks it makes the game 'more interesting' or makes the 'hero' look better to be against a team of sick psychos). Evil scale of 1 to 10. The lower the scale, the better.

5) Interestingly varied Pokemon on their team, not just Dark, Ghost or Fighting.

6) How does it all end? Satisfyingly? Or do they just disappear?

Ok that should do.

1) Best theme goes to Team Plasma in BnW. Not the sequel. The original.
I like the original theme better. It was so catchy that sometimes I would not even start the battle properly so that I could listen for a bit. My toes would tap. Here is a link to listen. This is the other music from B2 and W2's Plasma theme. I dislike the sequel's theme remix. Too fast.

2) The coolest leader ever was N. So original Team Plasma wins again!
But if we don't count N because he was kinda used by Ghestsis; then I would choose Giovanni from Team Rocket. He creeps me out, battling him is always scary.

3) Can't decide between Team Magma or Team Aqua. The rest of the teams' uniforms were mostly just ugly and stupid. Well, all of their uniforms are really but for some reason Team Aqua's uniforms strike me as the cutest. Ok, so Team Aqua wins. Team Flare has the worst uniform.

4) Team Plasma in B2 and W2 were pretty bad but the original Team Rocket from RnB were the nastiest. They were just as bad in GnS, actually. So Team Rocket are the meanest and most cruel to Pokemon and people. All the others come in pretty close though.
Team Rocket : 9
Teams Aqua and Magma : 3 (not actually that mean to Pokemon)
Team Galactic : 6
Team Plasma BnW : 5 (hard to say, some of them really thought they were doing a good thing)
Team Plasma B2nW2 : 8
Team Flare : 7

5) Team Rocket have a lot of different Pokemon. They use Sandshrew, Raticate and a lot of others, but they do tend to use a lot of Poison types (ZUBAT argh). Their boss uses a lot of different strong Pokemon though.
Team Aqua use a lot of Dark and Poison types and also Water.
Team Magma use mostly Ground, Fire, Dark and Poison.
Team Galactic use mostly Bug Dark and Poison types.
Team Plasma both games use mostly Normal, Poison, Steel, Dark mostly.
Team Flare uses mostly Fire, Poison, Dark, Fighting and some Electric types.

In the end, I think Team Flare wins. For diversity.

SPOILER ALERT
6) Satisfying ending?
End of Team Rocket is kinda meh. Esp with the whole not being able to get your rival in G and S to meet his dad unless you get that event Pokemon which is dumb imho. I know it's not really about Team Rocket but it also kinda is. I was disappointed.
End of Aqua and Magma is kinda dull. You basically get told to clean up their mess.
End of Galactic is kinda dumb. Cyrus is annoying. And I just didn't feel much about him at all.
End of Plasma is cool although it's messy in a way that is kinda more realistic than in any of the other games. It's not a clean or happy ending really, in either game. But I liked it.
End of Team Flare was DUMB what the heck they just let him kill himself??? Or did I miss something? Ugh. Hated it.
So the winner? BnW and the sequel. A close tie.


So the overall best villainous team is (according to me) :
Team Plasma. They are my favourite villainous team ever.
Teams Aqua and Magma come close behind, in a more goofy way.
I can't help but like them.

Ok survey of my fave team is DONE. Awesome.




1 comment:

Tensai said...

Hmm ok for the uniform ratings I realise that in a later blog post I do say that I prefer Team Magma's grunt uniform to Team Aqua's so apparently I changed my mind haha. Regardless, I will have to point out that they are from the exact same game so I guess it doesn't matter. Let's put them as equals.