Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughts... Jellyfish...

Loving Princess Mononoke suite. Joe Hisaishi is the awesome.
Loving Ghibi movies... want all of them! I even liked 'All Our Yesterdays' which was not my generation and not my culture but still I felt like I could understand her. I loved the ending too. I remember trying to make my Japanese flatmate watch. Haha poor lady. Not everyone loves anime. Or manga for that matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H82QHiUvY5E
Joe Hisaishi. The man.

Meanwhile, I was in Newmarket (an upscale part of my city) and I went into this bookstore run by a lady who I didn't really like but was okay, and it was all about the money and the promotion and the name-dropping and the right type of cover for the book. Suddenly I was like, 'I don't want to read about other people's lives, I want to read about my own...' And I don't know exactly what that means. But I know that I can't read most books because of the writing style. If it tastes wrong or I feel the author is trying too hard to condescend to the reader or push them instead of lead them gently, then I dislike it.
Also, often for me lately, music gets in the way. If the music I'm listening to suddenly becomes annoying noise that blocks what I am feeling or even thinking, then I must turn it off.
In this generation we treat everything carelessly, we feast on it by taking a bite of this or that and spitting it out to try something else, or we gorge ourselves on the amazing things we have so readily available, the things we love.
But these are not the ways to treat music and movies and words... we treat them so carelessly, and we ignore the beauty of them, and of numbers.
Numbers are so beautiful. Most people hate them.
But we don't really treat words with respect either. We don't respect people's views or their hearts, we don't see what they are trying to say because it is too easy to say whatever we want. We don't have to be careful or think.
I want to be able to say what I mean, but I can't most of the time. Except in regret... why is that? Why?
Well that about wraps that up in a gloomy gray blue ribbon! Translucent!
Ok so apparently a jellyfish is a bunch of organisms together, not just a single weird floating fish thing. COOL!
That almost cheers me up.
I like blue gray. Or blue grey. I want to name my next cat 'Grey'. But I come up with cool names for my next cat all the time and then promptly forget them. So never mind!
I can't really have a cat atm. I move around too much.
:)
God Bless

1 comment:

Tensai said...

I like to write nonsense or ridiculous or just opinion on my blog all the time yet I get irritated at Twi**er and Faceb**k etc which do that. Why? Because they make it in your face, being constantly bombarded with inanity and a lot of it is from people who I don't understand well enough to be interested in or tolerant of.
But a blog, well, you make an effort to read and look at their blog, and it's theirs and you must click on it to look so it's different. It's more like a choice, and you can pick who you want. That's why blogs are awesome.