Sunday, November 07, 2010

Things I did not really know about...


Cute dogs! >_< hehe!

Anyway, things I learnt about today:

Blauk.com - a social microblogging idea for strangers to critique each other rather than like Tumblr and Twitter where it's usually friends and friends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blauk
Check it out. Launched 2010. I think it's very interesting. From India I think.

I don't do any microblogging usually, no Twitter or whatever.
Facebook is hard enough for me, I prefer plain ol' bloggin'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microblogging
According to the Wiki explanation, most of us have microblogged at least once.

One other thing: Pirates. I hate them. I also hate vampires, and think that pirates and vampires have been ridiculously misrepresented and romanticised to the extreme lately. They are both disgusting, they feed off of other people's resources whether it be money or blood.


This article makes me very happy: People in China, netizens... (I kind of dislike that word but hey) are striking out against injustice! Read this BBC article. It's very long, but do your best because it is very uplifting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11576592
There is only one problem.
In history, when there is a new movement against injustice, it starts off well but some use it to abuse others instead of helping. They just don't know when to stop. I am worried that it will go too far (it has already) and people will be harassed and harried to the point of desperation on the internet. But there is not much we can do, we can only wait for those who are smart to put procedures in place to protect others from abuse. And we ourselves must be careful what we do and say on the internet, so that we don't abuse others.
The internet gives an illusion of total freedom of expression but in the end, people can still find you and so you are not free.
As well as this problem, the internet is easy to access for many people and so misinformation can still be a problem. Make sure important information is correct before you use it. Check more than one source.
And please treat others with care, to protect yourself and them.
:)

No comments: