Sunday, November 07, 2010

Pirates, Vampires and Zombies

This BBC article is disturbing but we can't ignore these things.
How did piracy become strong again? Maybe it always continued but was less known...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11704306

The East African Seafarers Assistance Program:
They help people at sea including helping people who have trouble with pirates.
http://www.ecop.info/english/e-sap-net.htm
I really hate pirates... The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies are amusing and entertaining but subversive. Pirates are not heroes. They are people who hurt others and steal. They may not all be bad people, merely good people who are desperate but that does not mean they are allowed to do what they do. Making others suffer because you are suffering does nothing to help anyone in the end.

Now: The undead.
Vampires are not sexy. They are gross things that drink blood...EWW!! I don't want anyone piercing my skin with their teeth and drinking my blood! I need my blood to stay with me! Vampires and zombies are essentially the same and yet somehow along the line people decided that zombies are ugly and gross and freaky and always look awful or at best comedic but vampires are hot. Nonsense! One eats, the other drinks, aside from that they are the same!
Real vampires are gross too. Deviants who have unhealthy appetites. In the news lately I saw there was a vampire couple who attacked a man recently and drank his blood but he escaped and now they are in jail.
And real zombies would be cannibals, I guess. Cannibalism is not good. If you eat human flesh you can get ill or go mad. It is unnatural, as is vampirism. Not cool!
So Twilight is ridiculous. All vampire stuff is. In short...I hate the actions of the undead or copycats of the undead. Not cool, guys!
Well, now that I have said that, I feel better.
And yeah, I read Twilight. I liked it at first but I realised it was just so pathetic that I didn't read the others. I can't buy into that fantasy. I prefer better fantasies. Sorry. I also read 'Interview with the Vampire' (or is it 'a'?) and 'The Vampire Lestat'. Didn't really buy into those either, even though I will admit I like Lestat's character. As a person he's cool, but the truth is, being a vampire kinda ruined him. He could've ben so much cooler as a mortal. So in the end it only proves that vampirism is BAD, not matter what.
And you know what? The book was better than the movie, every time. They usually are.

No comments: