Saturday, January 02, 2016

Debate on religion

Just a note for haters and ppl trying to pick a fight or "prove me wrong" - you can't prove me wrong because religion is almost entirely subjective which means it's about individual belief. So you believe I am wrong but I believe God is alive. Both beliefs are personal, and therefore neither is wrong in our own heads. 
So you can't prove me wrong because my life is full of experiences that cry out to me that you are wrong. And possibly you would say the same. 
It's all down to what you choose to believe. 
As for logical debate:  Religion. Is not. Based on. Ordinary logic. 
Nor is it always based on empirical proof. So therefore trying to debate starting with two different worldviews (or cultures or premises) is pointless. 
As for me, to quote someone I rather like, "It's over- I have the high ground." I am willing to believe in a creator God who gives us choice and freedom, and if you try to debate with me not believing in the same God then it's pointless. 
This is why I can't be bothered talking to people who act like a-holes. 
The end. 
Happy New Year btw! 
In Japan they say "Yoi yoi o toshi wo" which means the same.
I"m enjoying my time in Japan so far.
I hope it all goes well for the rest of my time here.

No comments: