Saturday, January 30, 2016

Man being Autistic is a trip sometimes!

I tell you, if I had 10 cents for every time I weirded out about something I saw or heard or smelled or felt or tasted - I can't even calculate how much money I would have. I just ... I can't even explain what happens, I'm just overcome by sensation. Usually feelings, thoughts and images rush thick and fast in my head. It's a trip. I have to explain it somehow - it's like a form of strong emotion I guess. How you feel when you get a great idea, or when you have achieved something; except you haven't achieved it yet, you just want to. I guess it's like a vivid dream but you're awake. It's usually positive but it can be negative as if you're in a nightmare. Anyway I just got that from looking at a line on the wall. It's nuts, I tell you. I wanted to dance, laugh and make a painting all at once. I'm lucky it's mild for me and that I recognise it most of the time. I can pass for "normal" more easily these days. But I tell ya. Look out for other folks on the Autism Spectrum. They need gentle people around them who are really patient & gracious.

No comments: