Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pokemon which should not exist. As in, they are useless for one reason or another, or they are badly designed.

These Pokemon are Pokemon whose design was possibly a joke or pathetic attempt to fill a quota.

IMHO of course.
But let's say this: if I had the chance, I would get rid of these Pokemon forever; make it so they never existed. Or! Change how you can get them.

Btw some of them are Pokemon that I like/have used/think are cute.
Most are not, and most are weak/useless anyway.

They are actually not necessary, the vast type representatives are such that now we could actually do away with some and not miss them.
There's at least ONE good Pokemon from each type by now, right?

Some of these will not surprise you. Some might.
I suppose I will have to give my reasoning... so I will then.
My main idea is that Pokemon should not appear like humans. It's creepy and weird.
Also, that they should not be made from inanimate objects, it's ok if they appear to be similar to inanimate objects but not that they BE inanimate objects that came alive.
I'm not a follower of Shinto, or Animism, etc. It doesn't make sense, or we'd have umbrellas and books etc coming alive all the time. Has that ever happened to me, no matter how fond I am of a book or my fave umbrella etc? NEVERRRRR.

My point is also that rules need to be followed.
There needs to be explanations of how certain Pokemon existed, and those rules should be able to be followed. For example, Honedge and it's evos. I grant that they explain how it came into being.




(If anyone dares to grab its hilt, it wraps a blue cloth around that person's arm and drains that person's life energy completely.

Apparently this Pokémon is born when a departed spirit inhabits a sword. It attaches itself to people and drinks their life force.)

It's based off the Animistic belief that objects can come alive if a spirit inhabits them.
You can't attach Animistic belief to an object or in this case, Pokemon, then make it common and easy to catch in the regular way.
It shouldn't be that easy because Honedge etc are not usual Pokemon, their back story is special.
All the Ghost types, btw are on my list simply because ghosts are not mortal.
They are spirit beings, and so usual rules shouldn't apply to them.
They should only be able to be caught by special spirit pokeballs or something,
because it doesn't make sense that mortal Pokemon rules apply to catching them.
Sorry, pasted from a website here (serebii.net) and can't fix it so it's not grey...
Anyway one more thing: Robot Pokemon.
If they are robots like Magnemite etc, you should be able to make or purchase them, they shouldn't be in the wild. They shouldn't be able to breed, either.
Anyway enough of that, it's just an explanation of why I think some of these Pokemon shouldn't be Pokemon. At least not as they are.

Starting from Gen 1 and going to Gen 6.

Machop and it's evos. Creepy grey ppl. Sorry guys, ur out.

Magnemite and evos. Keep em but diff scenario. They aren't wild animals. They're robots!

Grimer and Muk. Get rid of em. Poor design. Not useful. Plenty of Poison types. Weak idea, 'made from toxic waste' that came alive. Nonsense. At least say that they are like, mutated slugs or something.

Gastly etc, you know my opinion on ghosts. Ghosts aren't mortal. Situation should be different, catch them with special spirit pokeballs and they should be RARE. All ghosts should be RAREEEEE. At least most ghost types are restricted to certain areas only.

Drowzee and Hypno... not sure. A bit humanish looking but ...... yeah, get rid of 'em. Abra and co will do for Psychics.

Voltorb and co? Goodbye. Poor design, not needed anyway.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan etc? Get rid of 'em. Too humanish. Actually, Hitmonlee is ok. Get rid of Hitmonchan only. Hitmontop is... ok I guess...

Lickitung...weird but not human enough to be disqualified. Ok, you can stay.

Get rid of Mr Mime, and Jynx. And their evos and pre-evos or whatever order it goes in. WEIRD LOOKING. SCARY. Not needed. Esp Mr Mime! WHAT IS THAT THING?

Now they treat Porygon the way they should! They make it clear what it is and such, and it's hard to get, most of the time, which is how it should be! So it can stay.

Fossil Pokemon... yep they can stay. It's not really possible to revive fossils YET! But maybe one day. And also they don't look like humans or robots, and most of their designs are good.

Ok that's Gen 1. I think I will do these in separate posts for each Gen.

It's easier...
Yay ttyl!

BTW I KNOW it's just a game, and 'get over it' but I just suddenly started thinking about it.
So I'm blogging it! If you don't like it, don't read. :)
I'm not going to like, mail Game Freak or anything, I love Pokemon to bits.
Ok disclaimer is finished now.

No comments: