Sunday, December 01, 2013

Just wanted to say something I noticed and then noticed and then noticed and kept forgetting to mention.

Ok I have to mention this.
I know I talk about Pokemon a LOT.
It's the game I have been consistently playing since it came out.
I play/have played a lot of games.
I loved playing Doom and Doom 2, for example, and Wolfenstein as well.
I have played Halo and Quake and Tekken, and Street Fighter and GTA (several) and lots of Finbal Fantasy games as well as other RPGs and JRPGs etc etc blah blah blah.
Also I loved Mortal Kombat. SO GREAT!
And Jazz Jackrabbit is an unsung hero, imho. So is Commander Keen.
ANYWAY - I've mentioned games before, I think.
Man, Streets of Rage was so addictive... look it up. It's awesome.
Sorry... I digressed once again...
I have played a lot of games. Some which others may have liked, I found dull.
I want a game that is not just boring crap or has just copied previous games.
If they do it better but add a twist to make the game unique (which is so HARD these days, I will admit that!), then yep, I'll give it a go.
PC, DS, Wii, PStation, Xbox etcetc yeah yeah yeah.
I've tried em, all. Owned most of em.

Pokemon stuck with me. I think it's because I like the little extra stuff like the NPC dialogue always cracks me up, and I love the many options you can have for a team. Also, I will admit it, the things are cute. Some are, anyway...
Two things I want to mention.
I am about due to review Pokemon X and Y.
But not yet.

The thing here I have been meaning to say just because I wanted to say it to someone and I only know one other person who plays Pokemon.
Here it is:  It bothers me that the Pokedex entries for many of the Pokemon don't seem to match the actual Pokemon universe. I mean I was playing Pokepark 1, and the ghost Pokemon were not dangerous at ALL. The ghost area on the game is not that scary at all, it's more quirky and cute. I was a tad confused. But I suppose if your character got scared off  it would be too complicated to finish the game. Which is ridiculously simple and disappointed me btw.
Putting that aside, the Pokemon games, starting from Red and Blue and going to X and Y, the entries don't usually fit. If you want to know what I mean because you really never looked at your dex entries, go on youtube and look up creepy Pokedex entries or something. Better people than I have discussed it and its actually interesting.
I mean taking the anime into it as well, apparently Haunter's tongue is poisonous so if it licks anyone or anything, the victim will shake and then die. But in the anime Haunter licks lotsa people and Pokemon, and they don't die. Also, most ghost and psychic Pokemon in the anime are friendly, or just behave like other Pokemon, scared or angry because of their situation (usually mistreated or abandoned). Although in the Best Wishes anime, I think the Litwick and co do try to take everyone to the underworld which surprised me. And in the first series, in Kanto, there was that Gastly which possessed men by pretending to be a human ghost bride. But like I said, there are not many that are like that. Mostly they say that there are no bad Pokemon, only bad trainers. But then you get discrepancies like in the mystery dungeon games, most of the bad Pokemon are dark, poison or ghost types. And the 'Team insert enemy name here' people that you fight, they always seem to have those types for battling. Not purely, they do have certain others, but there is a definite trend, isn't there? It's confusing! You can't have it both ways!
Also, there's stuff that doesn't make sense like the tails from the Slowpoke being served as food in X and Y at a certain restaurant. It's cruelty to Pokemon, which the main philosophy of the game says is wrong!

Just a note for all of you 'battling is wrong' people, I will admit, I am disliking the battling more lately but that's not to say it's wrong. Because Pokemon already battle each other in the wild. It's been mentioned in several places that they do. It's better to let them battle with help than battle alone. Besides, it's JUST A GAME!

The second thing I wanted to mention is this:
In game, it seems that Pokemon don't die in battle, but one trainer, I think it was Alder from Unova, his backstory implies that his beloved Pokemon died in battle and that's why he isn't what he used to be. Also, 'Looker' the International Policeman's backstory implies something similar, which is why he doesn't have any Pokemon. I wonder what 'Looker's' real name is. Also, Cubone's mother from Red and Blue, and that poor little girl from Black 2 and White 2. You think she's just playing at astral projection with her Abra, but they decided to make it awful in the sequel. WHYYYYY????? Btw I never hated Darkrai until then. Now I hate it. And the OLD MAN! ARGH I nearly cried! The note! AWWW!!!!! :(
I wouldn't mind it if they didn't just make almost everything sweet and safe and then they do stuff like THAT. It's actually confusing.
I just wanted to mention those inconsistencies.
They are the sorts of things that make you go, 'Ugh!' or 'What???' and mess with your mind.
And after all, Pokemon is aimed at kids, that's why it really bothers me, I think.
Anyway that's it for now.
I had some other stuff to mention but frankly, I forgot.
Someone else, somewhere else would probably have already said it!
That's the beauty of the Internet.
If you can call it beauty.
:)
Have a great day!

Btw someone suggested Pokemon is over now and they won't be making any more Pokemon games.
I somehow doubt that. Even if they take a break, they will bring them back sometime.
And I am waiting for a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald sucked. Just saying.
:D

No comments: