Monday, April 29, 2013

Favourite places in all the PkMn games. And no, not Pikmin. I do not mean Pikmin. Sorry, Pikmin fans.

Favourite places:

Red, Blue (and Yellow and maybe Green?) - my favourite place in Kanto was Viridian Forest, and also Viridian City. I don't know why. I kinda liked Mount Moon too. And Route 25 behind Cerulean. Because you could catch Abra and Bellsprout (or Oddish). Well, I kinda liked everywhere you went before you got to Vermillion City. Then it got boring somehow. I disliked Lavender Town because it didn't match the rest of the game, it seemed too creepy and out of sync with everywhere else. Death doesn't have to be scary. I also enjoyed battling on the S.S. Anne. I really disliked the Safari Zone and have in every game that has one. It's expensive and very frustrating. I could NEVER catch every Pokemon in the Safari Zone, no matter which generation. But I loved Celadon Dept store.

FireRed and LeafGreen: Different, so you'd think I might like a different area, but no. Although I will say I loved Celadon Dept store even more in the new version. Very cool.

Gold, Silver and Crystal - my fave place in the Johto region was... well to be honest I loved the whole map. I don't know why, I guess it was just charming. Ah wait I remember my fave place now. Slightly more loved than the rest was Ecruteak. I loved battling all the Eevee evolutions. But I tell you, the whole of Johto was wonderful. It just was. I got so excited to go out at night when it was DARK and shake trees!

HeartGold and SoulSilver: The autumn tree trail behind the burned tower in Ecruteak. And still Ecruteak, I even liked the new music. I just can't help but like Ecruteak. I also liked Azalea Town, the Ilex Forest, Olivine City, dang it, I told you I loved the whole map. Even more so in the new version. Picking apricorns to give to Kurt was always fun. Also, loved the adjoining Kanto map, everything about it. Love, love, love.Ok, moving on...

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald - Wow ok I still listen to music from this game on my mp3 player...
But in terms of fave place, I would say...Fallarbour Town, Route 113, Fortree, Mauville, Pacifidlog, Lilycove... ALL OF THEM but esp that area. I loved the Contests in R and S, Emerald sucked for not having them the same. I love you RSE... I love you Hoenn... COME BACKKKK. I loved you the most of all.

Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - So Sinnoh, right? Disappointed in the difficulty level of these games STILL. Ok ok I will stop complaining. For now. So fave place or places. Does anyone else hate the rival from that game? He's so annoying. Anyway...! I became rather partial to Pastoria and Hearthome (walking cute Pokemon was fun) and also Sunyshore, but also that resort you could go to and battle folks at the restaurant every day. That was great. Also loved Floaroma, Oreburgh, Canalave, and the Eterna Forest... ohh it seems I liked most places. And Snowpoint City was very nice. I think it seemed like the Sinnoh region was bigger than other regions with a lot of inconvenient grassy areas which caused me a lot of trouble and I got lost a lot in this map. But I guess it has a lot to offer too. Well, if I hated it I wouldn't have two out of the three games, right?

Black and White - WELL! Where do I start? I loved most of it. Most of the map is just lovely. I had better mention my favourite bridge, which is the Marvelous Bridge from Pinwheel Forest to Castelia City. I loved Pinwheel Forest, Nacrene City (and the gym as well as the gym leader, she's great, a librarian-archeologist-gym leader? Amazing.), and Striaton. I hated Burgh and Elesa, and Nimbasa is probably the only city I dislike which is annoying since you spend a LOT of time there, even in the sequel game.

Black 2 and White 2 - Oh my, the Marine Tube, the Marine Tube! I loved it. I love it still. I mean, really it's not useful but its somehow captivating. I also really liked the new starter town, Aspertia. And Floccesy Ranch! Charming! Also I liked the two new gyms, and their towns. I guess I liked everything, and must mention Cheren... how I loved him in the first games. And now a gym leader! Not a walkover, either. You go, Cheren! :) I was glad to see N again, but it was sad that my character's mother from my first game was still waiting for her child to come home. Also loved Join Avenue. Ok I will stop, let's just say I loved it all, and be done with it.

1 comment:

Tensai said...

Thank you Nintendo for everything. I know I expect a lot from you but frankly, you're well capable of meeting expectation. Thank you very much. *bows*