Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Manga reviews for this month... and so on.

I only read one volume of Oresama Teacher and I loved it. So funny! I also liked the clear, clean-cut artwork. The characters were a bit more nuanced than many of the characters I have read about before, as well. Must read it all.
Man, I love Natsume Yuujincho. You should watch it on Crunchy Roll or read it. I read it first, haven't tried watching it yet. Of course it errs on the sentimental side but it is still enchanting and it draws the reader in. Not too many original characters, I'm sorry to say but the ones they have are good. I liked the art as well.
Also have read about 5 volumes of Sayonara Zetsubou sensei. Interesting but a bit too vicious for me. Also so much Japanese cultural satire that the pages at the back are so many to try and read. Too much for me. I don't want to be saturated in satire, especially international satire. Toooo muuucchhh. Artwork was very good though. Quite different to the usual.

No comments: