Friday, November 03, 2017

ORAS Weird Review from me because too much caffeine

Ok ORAS Review:

Good but I prefer the old music.
It didn't feel as nostalgic as I would have thought, but I enjoyed stuff like the Trick House and Mr Briney and Peeko (aww so cute) etc.
SPOILER ALERT???

I also liked the end stuff with Rayquaza -
Spoiler Alert continues a bit

- in space etc, although that dragony girl whose name I forgot (Azalea? whatever) should have been a bit more able to do what her clan or tribe have been made to do for generations or whatever, like she was working so hard but couldn't do the thing what her whole existence was apparently for. Terribly put there, but I'm over caffeinated rn. The point is, I felt sorry for her.

I hate Steven Stone he's annoying. I have never liked him or Wallace.
WALLACEEEEE argh I hate him so much.
I just don't like either of their personas nor their designs.

I do not know why exactly.

Anyway so yeah cannot be bothered to write a proper review because this is a reboot and frankly I did not enjoy it as much as I had hoped I would, which confuses me.
I enjoyed Fire Red and Leaf Green very much.
So I do not know why I didn't like ORAS as much.
I think it was little things like Archie and Maxie design changes.
And some dialogue lacked ... punch?

I don't know what it was.
Franchise fatigue?
GASP

Anyway overall they were good games.
I enjoyed using my starters and doing stuff I remembered.
I was happy to battle trainers in exactly the same spots as they had been that I remembered.

Catching legends after the main game was actually really great.
I enjoyed a lot about it.
I give it a 5 out of 5 as a game. Especially because diving is so great. Wonderful!

But as a game reboot of my fave gen, I give it 3 out of 5.
The music wasn't quite right. That's a BIG deal for me.
And the after-game quest was too short. I expect more from them now.

Mixed feelings for this one.

Good job, Game Freak, despite my feelings, it was still a good Pokemon game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.