Friday, February 20, 2015

Paper in Europe, and obesity.

Apparently almost 70% of paper in Europe is collected and recycled. Also apparently: forests in Europe are 30% larger than they were in 1950. It seems like good news and since bad news is our everyday diet, I accept this good news! Thank you, pamphlet that I saw somewhere...
Speaking of diet, I have thought for some time that the global obesity issue is largely (sorry) due to lack of regulation of food costs and junk food manufacturers basically having free rein. We can't afford to eat well most of the time. And many manufacturers put sugar and additives into food that doesn't need these things added. So! There has been a study done by a cancer foundation (I think that's who it was) and they seem to be confirming my suspicions. I just hope it leads to something good happening. E.g. Cheaper fruit and vege and higher costs for junk food! Then we can't make excuses about not eating right. Wow, that last sentence was grammatically confusing. Ah well!

No comments: