Thursday, January 05, 2012

Happy New Year or whatever!

Well several things.
It's Bryan Lee O'Malley, not Brian.
Sorry mate.
Bought the movie and yes, the comics are better but only because you can't push six or seven volumes of amazingly good dialogue and character types into an hour and a half of film.
Never did like Michael Cera. It's his annoyingly high voice.
Shoulda picked a boy who was more like Scott.
Scott isn't a normal geek. He's an idiotic gamer/slacker/playa/sk8r.
They are not the same in the way that Tidus and Cloud and Squall are not the same.
Whatever!

Also, work is hard. The job is good but the co-workers are annoying.
I can't let these women get to me with their petty, petty crap!
Argh working in a resthome can be hell, for more than one reason.
But generally speaking, I actually enjoy it.
If I can stay and win this first battle, I think I may be able to cope with the rest of the year.

Next:
Love Nigella. Just do. Want to buy Nigella Kitchen.
Have most of her other stuff.
Also want to buy some docos like Earth and Human Planet.
And Blue Planet.
Good stuff to watch instead of the fluff and filth that we get lobbed at us every night.

Um what else? Ah yes Terry Pratchett.

Read his latest. This one is Snuff and the other is Thud, and I read both but you know what...
I think they aren't as good as the earlier ones.
It's not that I will stop reading his new books. It's just... kind of like; the plotlines are getting thinner and more like the previous ones.
But his characters have grown and evolved so much over the years that because he is accepting how they are all ageing, he has had to keep things more predictable because life is like that when you grow older because you have seen it all.
At least... that's what I think.

He has Alzheimer's or Parkinson's now I think.
Must be hard for him. It's hard when you see what others are like and you know that it is happening to you and you can't do anything to prevent it. But you can do damage control and slow it and he will have to try and enjoy his life while he still has all his faculties.

Last thing: my I.Q. is 120 and frankly that is not very great.
It's 'above average' intelligence. NONSENSE!
So I'm smarter than your average bear but still just a smart bear?
Not to ever be classified as genius or elite? I'm stuck in the middle.
I.Q. is a joke, I would have done much better if I weren't so awful at mathematics.
If I had done well in the maths area, my I.Q. would go UP.
So that would mean people would classify me as smarter than I am currently.
But I would still be the same as I am now! Just better at maths! Whatever.
WHATEVER!
Great word.
Ah good times.
Happy New Year all you invisible people!
:D
Despite my words, I am HAPPY!
Probably! Once I figure out what happy is...
Still haven't figured out what friends are yet.
:/ >_< XD

No comments: