Saturday, October 16, 2010

What I am trying to finish atm...

Well, I'm back, I guess.
I have finally completed Ouran High School Host Club and also learned a bit about real host clubs and hostess bars by doing internet research (thanks to Wikipedia!).
I haven't finished reading Bleach or XXXHolic yet...
I have almost finished Chobits. Should finish it tonight. CLAMP are good but they put too much adult stuff in a lot of their manga (sometimes more subtly than others...) which kind of makes the seriousness of what their plotline is trying to achieve seem hollow. Manga is either entertainment or education, I can't really accept 'edutainment' which is what they try to make Chobits into. I really like the ideas in Chobits, of exploring what makes humans human and asking if an A.I. being could develop a soul. But their ero stuff kills it! Either do it or don't, ok? Don't mess good stuff up by slipping rubbish in, please! I accept that part of relationships is sex, but they try to make it so forbidden that it makes it ludicrous. As usual they are trying to titillate the audience, what a joke. Sex is either naughty or nice, people, you cannot have it both ways or you are making a mockery of it and also making yourself ridiculous. This has a lot to do with my attitude toward sex rather than CLAMP in particular. I just get annoyed at mangaka in general for their condescension to their audience. Arina Tanemura is a particular example of such unsubtle-ty, to mess up my English. Anyhow, that is all irrelevant for most people.
Meh, tired of this topic now.
TTYL y'all. x
p.s. I wasn't going to read Chobits because of the ecchi element but frankly, it is worth sifting through it for the good stuff. That is not to say that I would bother with most ecchi or hentai. Not at all. Sick!!!!

No comments: