Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cities, finance, economics, oh my!





Oh man, after looking up maple trees and cherry trees on Google images, I am so happy! it's like I just ate a satisfying meal. The colours... the maple especially. It really is one of my faves. I didn't post all the pics so I will add more.
Anyway, I found a really interesting Blog about Japan. It's in the Blogs I'm following, on that list. http://kanagawaphoto.blogspot.com/
I love seeing other cities. Cities are something else I love to look at photos of. I just like to look at the lights mostly. Cities at night... the lights shine in the darkness, and we try to forget the filth, greed and misery that cities generate. I don't want to be a downer... but I do wish governments would encourage (and by that I mean really help with monetary support and so on, not just pledge to help) yes, encourage people to move out of the cities and back to the countryside. If you think about it, the farms are what are feeding the cities. The cities are like alien leeches, sucking resources from the pure land.
Obviously I am simplifying a bit but I can honestly say, having learned a bit about History, that although cities do further the progress of nations, the land and farming is what keeps a nation alive. In my country, New Zealand, we make a lot of money by exporting dairy and meat. Yet we are charged a lot to buy that same stuff in our supermarkets. That seems unfair.
Of course I don't understand economics. But very large amounts of money and figures are mostly imaginary, otherwise they could not be controlled as they apparently are. After the international recession, didn't some bigwigs reset the whole thing to get it all back on a even keel? Which proves my point. I bet I'm probably wrong but even so... I bet if certain people wanted to, they could help fix debts and we could all start over. A Jubilee year! I'd love that! Clean slate for all. Oh God... make it happen! Better yet, just come back and we can all be free of such cares.

No comments: