Thursday, June 02, 2005

My cat...

Well, it's been a while since I told you about my cat, Grayce. In fact, I can't remember if I ever told you about her at all.
She is a gray possibly-persian. With some tiny bits of white on her chest and tummy. Her tummy has all curly, crimpy fur on it! >_<
I love patting her, except she gets very testy and scratches me about 2 out of 10 times so I have to be careful. She is very moody like me.
I suppose we were meant for each other. The moment I saw her, I just loved her so much!
The ladies at the SPCA warned me, 'Be careful, she's very shy and scared.' But when she saw me, she just sat there and started to mew and mew so loudly that my heart went out to her. Her mewing seemed so piteous I couldn't leave her there. (They had shut her in the loo to keep her away from the other cats because she was scared of them.)
I took her home. She hated all of our other cats and they used to pick on her so she used to hide all day and only come out for meals. I had to stand by her to protect her while she ate so that the others wouldn't take her food.
Basically, I feel badly for her because she was so picked on by all the others.
It's kind of my fault, when we had like 7 other cats, to just take her home and leave her to it.
Anyway I moved out and took her with me to make a long story short, and she has blossomed a little at a time.

Or did... until we got the kitten. She hates my flatmate's kitten, Honey. She likes the presence of another cat but hates the fact that Honey always wants to play. She hits her and stuff. They'll get over it when Honey learns to be respectful I hope...
Ah well, that's life, right? If its not one thing, its another.

God bless.
:D

No comments: