Thursday, November 04, 2004

Hey! I put my foot in it! (and Psalm 51)

Ok so I'm talking to my friend on the internet, an American friend, and I say, 'Hey, Bush got in again, that sux, huh?' and she said, 'No, actually I don't think it sux because I voted for him...'

So yeah!!!!!! I needed to do an emergency foot-from-mouth-ectomy...

Anyway we discussed why she voted for Bush and I guess I agree with her. He doesn't support abortion (I think abortion is murder) and it seems that Kerry would allow gay mardigras or something and I do not agree with practicing homosexuality.
So, yay, George Bush! Way to go, bro! As we say here in NZ. Or, Good one, cuz!!!
Good thing I'm not a voter for the US or it would be in trouble, I am so easily swayed....

Hey, change of subject (C.O.S) I was photocopying a couple of songs for my friend Hannah the maths teacher (poor Hannah has to face up to teenagers every day....^^;)
So yeah I was doing that when I realised that one of the songs spoke to my heart.

It was 'Create In Me A Clean Heart'. (taken from Psalm 51)
Every single word in the song was what I wanted God to do for me. It seemed as if the original writer, a psalmist, (possibly King David) felt the same way as I did exactly, word for word, feeling for feeling. It was an amazing thing.
Every now and then, no matter how deep your relationship with God is, you need a soul cleanup. Thats how I think of it, anyway.
I needed that, so I sang to God, and I meant it.
Thats the difference. If you ask God to do something, unless you mean it from your true heart, you won't get it.
Everyone has a true heart. Thats where their secret sorrows come from, their secret joys too.
I think its where pity for others comes from too. So many people supress their true heart because it is so emotional but I think if you want to 'keep it real' as they say these days, you have to speak from your true heart.
If people don't think you are genuine, they won't like you or listen to you.
Here is part of that Psalm right now, we need it spread over the world!!!!!

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

There's a lot more, a LOT, but this is the part which really touched my heart.
Anyway thats all for now.

Bye! God Bless you today!

1 comment:

Tensai said...

Ok to answer you Ryan (if that really IS your name!), lets see...
Firstly, I was quoting what my friend told me about Kerry and Bush. So I actually did wonder about gay mardigras, I thought that sounded funny! I guess she meant marriages...which are so different to mardigras but let's not cloud the issue.
Secondly, I think I find your useage of the word 'hyperbole' a bit obscure. I did not feel that I was exaggerating. However, again, let's pass on to the next point.
Thirdly, thank you for your lovely assertion of my beliefs and right to have them. That was so nice of you to say.
But I do not feel that I impinge my beliefs on anyone by posting them in MY own blog on the internet. I am not in a position of power and so cannot and certainly do not wish to, force my beliefs on anybody.
But at the same time, my beliefs are more than simply, as you put it, 'ideals'. My beliefs are what I lean on, in a spiritual sense, they influence all my choices in life. Your useage of the word 'ideals' may or may not have been deliberate to undermine what I believe and imply that to have strong beliefs is a weakness.
Admittedly, a person's strength can also be their weakness, but in my case, my beliefs are the only thing I have, at the end of the day.
Again, I move on. I could have gone on about that for much longer, but it's late.
I believe abortion is murder. Take away all the grey areas, and you have a simple fact. You are killing a person, whether people may say that the person is merely a 'potential' person or not. The fact remains. If a child is still-born, or is aborted by an accident, does that mean the mother doesn't feel grief?
You cannot disagree to these points honestly.
As for the points you made in favour of abortion, it is true, these case studies are very possible and probable. I myself would probably not want to keep a child if it were the product of a rape.
However abortion is very selfish.
It's no longer about 'you' when you have a child inside you. It's about them. They need you to live so they can live. I know some women don't want their children, and give them up for adoption, or simply abort them. This is very selfish.
I don't care what anyone says. It should be about the child's life, not the parents. Give it away if you must, but don't kill the child because of your own thoughts and emotions!
Abortion is an un-natural thing.
And that leads me on to the whole homosexual issue.
Homosexuality is un-natural. It's as simple as that.
Why should people who commit un-natural acts be allowed to be elevated to the same status as those who follow the natural ways? It makes a mockery of the whole point of marriage.
Marriage is when two people (of the opposite sex) decide to settle down and raise a family (or not raise a family) but they say before the eyes of all, both people and God; 'I am making a real commitment to this person, and they will be my only'.

And lastly, just quickly, because well, I am getting sleepy, your little crack about 'ignorant hard line stances' was what I would definitely call a HYPERBOLE.