Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Voting. The intricacies of.

I just wanted to ask you if you can tell me why people at a certain age, say, from 25 onwards, become increasingly interested in politics?
I am 24 and I’m afraid that it’s been creeping up on me.
When I turned 21, I woke up on my birthday and thought to myself, ‘I think I might actually vote this election.’
This year was the elections, as everyone knows (in this country anyway) and I voted, but I didn’t want to.
I said I wasn't going to, and I tried not to, but I ended up in line somehow and also somehow ended up voting.
And the people I voted for, won.
This makes it worse.
Grit rubbed into the wound, as it were.
I am not pleased.
To cut a long story short, why do we even vote?
Apparently it doesn’t make a difference.
That’s what my non-voting friend told me, but then if it doesn’t make a difference, why did the party I voted for, win?
All the media said they would lose!!
Does this mean I am a magical voter?
Do I have super powers?
What a lousy superhero…
Votewoman. Can tick a box in a single bound.
Can stand in line patiently for hours.
No non-voting villain can stop her relentless voting.
Nope, doesn’t quite work.
Ok I’ll shut up now.
But I hope you see my point, and will answer my question.
By the year 2050. Because I know you are all so very busy.

:D

No comments: