Sunday, July 20, 2014

The problem with (insert social media application here) is...

I have Twitter (TM) or (C) or whatever, copyright etc sorry 'company that made Twitter', I dunno what to put here...
Anyway I got that aforementioned thing now.
On top of all the other junk people keep telling me I should get, I have a Livejournal, Blogger, Facebook, etc etc etc....
But I won't bother with Tumblr yet.
I do like Pinterest. So far, that is the only one I have liked immediately.
Anyway the problem with the first one I mentioned  (and most social media so far) is simply that I do not know what to say or do.
Somehow I have 19 followers and I do not know most of them.
Also I warned them I am not witty or anything like that. I clearly and succinctly warned them in my profile or blurb or whatever they call it.
Fortunately I added (sorry! 'followed', which, btw sounds like a stalker-esque thing to do but whatever) an actual friend and I think I will stick with commenting on her tweets.
And on reading Nigella Lawson's 'kitchen witters', which is the kinda cutesy name she calls her stuff.
I like Nigella. As in, her 'franchise', for lack of a less-irritating word.
I always have and I always will, regardless of her actual private life and what she has or hasn't done or said.
I love her shows. They actually soothe my restless spirit, and yes, I am hella restless at times.
Her books are interesting. Her recipes are actually achievable, and tasty.
Tick, tick and ...tick! Ticks all the boxes for me, the kitchen amateur.
Thanks, Nigella.

Anyway that is my main problem!
I am not interesting. I'm just deemed 'weird', by most acquaintances and friends (with a stunningly wonderful lack of originality) sooner or later.
Honestly! I mean it.
Usually the 'w' word pops up at some point at least once.

I am not ordinary and able to write in a way that makes people identify with me, so I can't help but feel irritable at myself. I should try harder to be normal...
How do I do that? I should read more blogs...
I must do that.
Research.
Hmmm.
Maybe tomorrow.
After I figure out how to tweet a video of some person's cat doing some cute thing like apparently every cat in the universe can do except for any cat that I try to video.

No comments: