Monday, January 20, 2014

Pokemon that shouldn't exist or just suck, part two: Johto and Hoenn

To get the info on what the heck I'm on about, see my earlier post.
Ok let's get on with this.
I need to do this now, since I did Gen 1 aka Kanto already.
Johto:
Wow scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...
All fine... uh wait. The Unown. They are what exactly? Alphabet Pokemon.... Sorry guys!
Goodbye. Too weird. Also, it's a massive pain to find all of them, I don't think I have ever managed to do so except in SoulSilver. And in the end it wasn't that useful.
Scrolling... Porygon 2? Is it actually useful? Well, keep it in. Doesn't make much difference.
Smeargle is weirdish but it is still an animal and not a robot etc (see prev post on this topic for explanation of this). Keep Smeargle. It's interesting. But I always thought it was another evolution of Aipom.
Oh. Tyrogue. Goodby Tyrogue. You are a weird purple man thing. You have to go.
And Hitmontop... it's odd and - yeah, get rid of Hitmontop. Too weird looking.
And Smoochum. Goodbye.
Miltank freaks me out. But it can stay.
Same with Blissey. You can stay, you weird egg thing.
Legends can stay. Even though people still call the three legendary cats, 'dogs'. Doesn't matter, they know what they are. Love them so much. Probably more than the legendary birds actually.
Hmmm, I had forgotten that Skarmory and Phanpy were Gen 2. I always thought they came out in Hoenn. Apparently not, acc to the Pokedex 3d Pro...
Ok that's Johto. Overall, much less to get rid of than Kanto.

Now for Hoenn, my personal favourite of all of the generations or worlds or whatever you wanna call them.

As usual I hated the starters at first but that's just my habit. I always change my mind once I become accustomed to them. Why does everyone mock Mudkip? I liek Mudkip, personally.
I mean, not as much as the other two but that's just how it is.
As usual, they made the Grass type a reptile. And the Water type is also... a ... reptile... again... And the Fire type evolves into... Fire and Fighting type. Starting to notice a pattern... here and there... But that's ok. People say they want new, but what they really want is old to look like new. Right?
Let's move on from THAT question...

Lombre and Ludicolo....similar to people but not quite. Let 'em stay.
I never had a Ludicolo, and never wanted one until the Ludicolo at Spinda's Cafe in the Mystery Dungeon series came along. He only pops out of the wall if you win reallly BIG at the lottery.
Man, I love that music and the dancing. Only after that did I suddenly want a Ludicolo.

Ok sticky problem... Ralts is ok, but Kirlia and the rest are questionable. They are almost human-like, which I hate. Yet they look kinda more like plant-fairy things. Whereas I 'got rid of' the other human-like Pokemon like Mr Mime and Machop etc because they were creepy and too much like humans. In this case, Kirlia and co aren't enough like humans to get rid of them. They JUSSSTTTT scrape through. Just.

Makuhita and Hairyama are human-like (well, Makuhita is like a punching bag come to life which I said I didn't want things that looked like inanimate objects come alive), so I suppose they should go. But to be honest, they don't look as human like as some others, because - no. No, I'm just making excuses because Makuhita is cute. But they both have to GO. They both fail the standards of design. :(  Awwww....

Nosepass and it's evo have to go. They are annoying weird-looking and ugh the noses.... Design is awful. Goodbye.

Sableye...weird but.... it... can stay. Creepy teeth it has. And awful eyes.

Mawile...annoying. But cute. It does kinda look like a doll or a little person standing up almost but nah it's animal-like so it can stay. Man it's annoying to fight. So is Sableye.

Meditite and Medicham have to go. Weird design.

Roselia's design is DUMB. Roses for arms? Dumb. Until you realise it never has to use it's arms to eat since it absorbs sunlight to live on. Should it stay? Nah it's not needed, there are heaps of cooler Grass types. And Roserade is disqualified for being too human-like anyway.

Lunatone and Solrock are a bit dumb looking. But they pass.

So do Cacnea and Caturne even though they scare the heck out of me.

But Baltoy and Claydol need to go. Too man-made looking. Unless you got them as a special event through an NPC making them with like magic or something. Otherwise they shouldn't exist. Sorry guys. Same as robots. Unless you can make or buy them, no go.

Castform used to be a special Pokemon that you could only have one of. That was ok. But it recently became a wild Pokemon which means in that case, it has to GO. It's made in a LAB like MewTwo. It should be RARE, not wild! Same with Rotom.

Ghosts, same. Should be rare, esp Banette. Cursed dolls are not common! Unless they are rare or have a diff scenario than other Pokemon, they have to go. I love Misdreavous, btw. CUUUTTTEEEE.

Chimecho and it's evo. Bye bye, animated wind-chime and temple-bell-rope Pokemon. Unless you are one-of-a-kind per game, you gotta go!

Snorunt and Glalie... what are they? Goodbye. Too weird.

Beldum... hmmmm.... and co. Metang, Metagross... I love them all but according to my rules, they have to go. They should be classified as robots. And rare. But they are not. They are uncommon but there should be only one per game and NOPE that's not how they are so goodbye! :(

The Regis... they're weird but they are complicated quest legends. So they can stay. If they weren't, then they would have to go. I don't like them btw. But they stay within the rules I set up.

All other legends from this gen are fine. They can all stay even though I hate Deoxys and Latios/Latias are kinda annoying and useless.

Ok that's enough cleansing my Pokedex for today. Three generations sorted (counting my other post too). Three to go. I wish I had a dex on my console for the Kalos region but it didn't come out yet. Hope it's just a simple d/l upgrade to the pro. I can't be bothered paying for another small pokedex. Seems unfair.

Also, why no Pokemon Bank yet, guys?
I'm waiting here!
I want that Celebi....



No comments: